Implementing or expanding a recycling program in your workplace is good for the environment and your business. And getting started is as easy as requesting free Recycle Everywhere bins.
Step 1 – Complete the Checklist
Complete the Recycling Checklist to determine how many bins are required and where they will be located. Consider all details such as where the bins will be delivered to and who will maintain them once the program is underway.
Already know what you need? Skip to Step 3!
Step 2 – Plan for Collection
Ensure you plan for the collection of recyclables. Beverage containers can be added to your existing recycling program or if there is no recycling program in place, you can most often setup one through your waste service provider. This may include discussing a recycling program with your Property Management Company, cleaning staff, or senior management.
Now all you need to do is order your free Recycle Everywhere bins.
Once your recycling program is in place, let everyone know with these helpful hints:
- Promote the program using posters provided by Recycle Everywhere.
- Educate employees about recycling best practices through internal communications such as office memos, team meetings, and the company newsletter or intranet.
- Communicate collection instructions to cleaning staff.
- Always use clear bags in bins when consolidating materials.
- Celebrate your success and share it with all employees! Together with Recycle Everywhere, your business is helping to recover as many bottles, cans, cartons and juice boxes sold in Manitoba as possible.