Ken Friesen is the Executive Director for the CBCRA and its Recycle Everywhere program. He has been directly involved in waste reduction and recycling since 1990. Ken has led the initiation, design and implementation of multi- stakeholder stewardship programs, as well as providing strategic governance and project management services. Ken’s background in waste reduction, recycling and stewardship programs enables him to apply a variety of perspectives to work with diverse stakeholders and lead them to a common goal.
Christa Rust is the Program Manager for the Recycle Everywhere program. She has over a decade of experience in management, stakeholder engagement and sustainability. Christa graduated with a Masters of Natural Resources Management from the University of Manitoba with an undergraduate in Recreation Studies. She has worked in the public and private field in both consulting and operational capacities.
Senior Outreach Coordinator
Melissa Dorota is the Senior Outreach Coordinator for Recycle Everywhere. She has completed both a B.A. in Environmental Studies and a B.A. in Political Science at the University of Winnipeg. With eight years of professional experience, Melissa has a vast understanding of the environmental sector and has consulted at both the private and public level. Melissa brings project leadership and business development to the team.
Arielle Gurevich is the Communications Manager for Recycle Everywhere. She has over a decade of experience in conceptualizing, creating and implementing a range of marketing and communications plans that include traditional and non-traditional mediums, including social media and online marketing. Arielle is a graduate from the University of Manitoba, Asper School of Business with a Bachelor of Commerce degree; double majoring in Marketing and Entrepreneurship.
Senior Logistics & Schools Coordinator
Jaclyn Diduck is the Senior Logistics and Schools Coordinator for Recycle Everywhere. With interests in learning and environmental education, Jaclyn’s background allows her to bring a focus on sustainability issues and natural resources management to the team. Jaclyn graduated with a BA in Environmental Studies from the University of Winnipeg and a Master of Natural Resources Management from the University of Manitoba. Jaclyn is a member of the operations team where she coordinates the Recycle Everywhere 101 schools program as well as manages events and the Street Team.
Brienne Santos is the Administrative Coordinator for Recycle Everywhere. Brienne’s diverse background in design, education and residential management makes her a valuable resource in many different facets of the organization. With experience in program coordination and event planning, Brienne brings strong time management and organization skills to the team.
Field Operations Representative
Justine is a Field Operations Representative for Recycle Everywhere Program. She specializes in stakeholder engagement, research project implementation and program development. Justine plays a role in the environmental community by sitting as an active member of the Manitoba Eco-Network Board of Directors, is the co-chair of the Manitoba Environmental Industries Association Executive Student Chapter and has extensive experience organizing and promoting networking and environmental events. Justine graduated from the University of Manitoba with an honour’s degree in Environmental Sciences focusing on Corporate Sustainable Development.
Kayla Orten-Lederhouse is the Outreach Coordinator for Recycle Everywhere. She graduated with a B.Sc. in Environmental Studies from the University of Winnipeg and a Diploma in Environmental Protection Technology from Red River College. Kayla’s passion for promoting sustainable living combined with her educational background makes her a strong asset to the Recycle Everywhere team where she coordinates waste audits, outreach and data gathering.
Job title: Recycle Everywhere Summer Staff
Time frame: April – October 2017. Approximately 3-40 hours per week with occasional overtime (contract position)
Description: The Recycle Everywhere Summer Staff are responsible for the accurate and effective delivery of beverage
container recycling infrastructure, education, and promotion at events and festivals throughout Manitoba
and conducting waste audits and deliveries as needed.
- Provide positive educational interactions with the general public
- Facilitate recycling activities at events:
- Communicate with on-site coordinator
- Set up and tear down of recycling infrastructure and educational booth
- Interact with event audience (games, trivia, program information)
- Take photos to document presence at events
- Mascot appearances
- Prepare event review reports
- Collect participant data (e.g., iPad surveys)
- Work with the Team Lead to ensure that the Recycle Everywhere Street Team meets targets for event
days, mascot appearances, and getting events to apply for permanent bins
- Bin Cleaning
- Delivery of bins to events
Waste Audit Duties:
Assist in conducting waste audits:
- Logistics (collection and disposal of waste audit materials, vehicle pickups)
- Tracking all data (writing notes, taking pictures, audit sorting phase)
- Waste and recycling material sorting
- Waste disposal behavioural observations
Assist in bin deliveries:
- Follow delivery directions sent by lead
- Loading/Unloading bins
- Delivery confirmations Interacting with public
- Must be age of majority
- Valid First Aid and CPR (training provided if needed)
- Valid driver’s license, in good standing, with clean abstract
- Clean Child Abuse Registry Check
- Clean Criminal Record Check
- University or college student/degree in a related field
- Must be willing to work long shifts, overnight trips, and weekends as needed
- Must be willing to travel throughout Manitoba
- Knowledge of environmental issues and/or recycling practices in Manitoba
- Able to take initiative, exercise tact, and discretion
- Able to work both independently, as well as collaboratively with others in a team situation
- Enthusiastic, outgoing, hardworking, punctual, mature
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to perform the physical duties of the job
Interested applicants should submit their cover letter and resume in to:
Jaclyn Diduck, Senior Logistics & Schools Coordinator
705-281 McDermot Avenue, Winnipeg R3B 0S9